DID YOU KNOW?
- All collars have a 1 1/2″ back unless otherwise specified as this is most suitable for the average customer. It is, however possible to request a 1 1/2″ back with a Semi-Vanishing Band (SVB) for shorter necks and also a 1 3/4″ back for fuller collars.
- A 1/2″ shrinkage allowance is added to all shirts- in the neck, chest and sleeve. In doing so, the customer will be able to enjoy his custom shirt for years to come. Please advise your customers that it will take several launderings before the shirt shrinks completely, depending on method of laundering (dry cleaning vs. home laundering). E.g. If a customer is a size 16 1/2-34, he will receive a shirt which finishes 17-34 1/2.
- Standard ease in a shirt body is 5″. E.g. If a customer has a 42″ chest, the shirt will finish 47″. It is possible to request a “snug” fit (3″ease) or a loose fit (7″ease). Please circle the appropriate fit on the order form; otherwise we will assume a regular fit is being requested.
Please educate your customer about lengthening the life of thier shirts through proper care. Though nothing is better than hand-washing and hang-drying your shirts, we understand that most people just don’t have the time, and need to rely on commercial cleaners to launder their shirts. In this case, please tell your clients to request “NO STARCH” as the starch will react with the fusing inside the collar and cause it to harden. Another trick for dark colored shirts is to request pressing on the wrong side (or pressing with a cloth over the shirt) to avoid shining on the collars and cuffs.
Problems & Returns
If there is a problem with the product you receive, we ask that you please call us immediately. We will do our best to quickly resolve all issues in order to minimize any inconvenience. All returns must have an RTV number clearly marked on the package otherwise it will not be accepted. The RTV number will be provided to you by Shirtfit Inc. Mistakes originating from our end will be corrected at our expense; otherwise full price applies.
- Use only styles which are available in the manual. Please use the correct style name.
- Always indicate alternative fabric choice. In the event that the client’s first choice is unavailable, we will promptly substitute with a second choice. This will eliminate the need to inconvenience the client with a call back.
- Clearly indicate when white collar and/or cuffs are required. E.g. Military (white) and/or 1S4 (white)
- For monograms, please be sure to indicate script style, location on the shirt and whether they want it in a contrast or same colour. Also, please be sure to indicate the initials, otherwise we will assume that they are the same as the laundry initials. Missing these simple details often causes delays.
- Always fax order forms with completed Fax Cover Sheet summarizing the attached order(s). This will allow us to make sure we have received all orders you are sending.
- If an order has already been faxed and you wish to make changes, please do not re-fax the order. Send all details in a formal fax outlining PO#, customer name and required changes. This will help avoid duplication or orders. No changes to orders will be accepted verbally
- For repair orders, please fill an order form indicating details of repair, fabric #, customer name and, most importantly, PO#.
Delivery generally takes 3 weeks from the date the order is confirmed ready for processing (i.e. all details clearly and properly provided). Holidays sometimes cause delays, we will advise you of these peak periods ahead of time.